This Baby Boomer never lived through a pandemic. I am an Advanced Practice RN who knows the concepts of infection control and public health safety. So, the 2020 deadly respiratory pandemic really freaked me out! It was difficult and a HUGE challenge for me.
However, as I reflect inside my pandemic cave, I realize some good accomplishments that I achieved during the past very difficult years. Here is a nice list of my accomplishments during the 2020 pandemic…
- I immediately became a staunch proponent / advocate for public health safety through my lived experiences.
- My adult son and I maintained a sheltered bubble of safety.
- As of this writing, my son and I have maintained COVID Negative test results even during the highly virulent Omicron variant.
- I successfully developed and achieved a full APN continuing education virtual conference for a national association.
- I fully retired.
- I became a blogger.
- I successfully converted from an IPhone to an Android.
- Doing well with the battle against pandemic pounds. I weigh LESS now than I did at the beginning of the pandemic! Yay me!!!
- Became a Prayer Line Leader for my church.
- Served as a COVID Vaccine Panelist at my church.
- Conducted congregational care outreach calls to church members.
- Became a trained Vaccine Ambassador.
- Achieved fully vaccinated status with boosted!
- Successfully completed 4 virtual walkathons.
- Achieved weekly 10K daily / weekly step goals during the pandemic.
- Transitioned from online engagements to phone call relationships.
- First time Uber/Lyft passenger.