In 2021 we now have safe and highly effective COVID vaccines. However, there are 3 (three) big problems have prevented flattening of COVID infection rates.
1. Many folks remain unvaccinated.
2. Many vaccinated folks have let their public health safety guards down and are proceeding as if we are no longer in a deadly respiratory pandemic.
3. Many vaccinated folks are no longer fully vaccinated as they have not received the booster jab.
Let’s be honest. Even though we are in a deadly respiratory pandemic, folks never adjusted to wearing masks. In many instances folks simply refuse to mask. Also, folks simply do not know how to correctly mask. So, containing the spread of the virus has been challenging.
We are in a “Viral Blizzard”, a “Winter Surge” with infection rates surging on top of surges. Infection rates are horrible worldwide. Many people are traveling to out-of-town family holiday gatherings. Attending any type of gathering at this time is dangerous and a bad decision.
My Christmas plan is to cook the best meal EVER and to arrange for contactless pick up of meal trays.
I am looking forward to quiet chill time for Christmas. Here’s my Christmas menu:
- Roasted chicken
- Cornbread dressing
- Garden salad
- Macaroni & cheese casserole
- World’s Best Potato Salad
- Cranberry sauce
- Dinner rolls