I baked this delicious pot roast dish yesterday. It came out perfect. I adapted my own recipe because I did not want it starchy with gravy. I wanted my pot roast to be savory in its own juices and some broth. The end result was AWESOME and not high in unnecessary carbs!
- Veggie oil
- Season salt, pepper
- Roast beef – Chuck
- Garlic, smashed
- Broth, preferred
- Basil leaves, dried
- Onion, quartered
- Celery stalks, 2
- Carrots, cut
- Potatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Add oil to heated skillet.
- Season roast with seasoned salt, pepper. Place in skillet and sear 3 minutes both sides.
- Remove seared roast skillet, set aside.
- Add mashed garlic cloves to skillet and sauté. Add broth and stir.
- Place roast in baking pan. Cover with the garlic broth mixture. Add Rosemary, thyme and basil leaves. Cover and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and add onions, celery, carrots and potatoes atop roast. Season veggies.
- Cover and resume baking for one hour.