Look at my delicious roasted turkey that I made on Thanksgiving 2021. That turkey was succulent and delicious. Nothing was dry about that well roasted turkey. I always search for the best recipe for roasting turkey and I finally found it in 2021.
No need for you to search and I am providing you with the full recipe. Now, make sure you have a calculator, because based on how much the turkey weighs, you will have to carefully calculate the roasting time. No more dried out Thanksgiving turkey. Those days are so OVER!
Recipe for Roasted Turkey- Best Ever!
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic powder
- Ground pepper
- Basil leaves, dried
- Thyme, ground
- Celery, cut
- Onion, quartered
- Carrots, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Pull the neck and pack of giblets out of the cavity; save for dressing and gravy.
- Dry the turkey with paper towels, rub with soften butter, then season inside and out with seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Fill the turkey with the prepared onions, celery, carrots, and herbs, then place breast-side up in a roasting pan / rack and sprinkle with basil leaves and thyme.
- Tent turkey with foil and roast for 2 hours (for a 10- to 12-pound turkey; add an extra 15 minutes per pound for larger birds).
- Make sure you calculate the roasting time based on turkey weight.
- Remove the foil one hour before completion time, baste with more melted butter and crank the oven to 425F for one hour. This will brown and crisp the turkey without drying out.
- Allow turkey to rest about 20 minutes before slicing.